Wednesday, October 29, 2008

back


After a long trip--midnight flight from Lima to Miami and 2 more flights before arriving in Omaha, then down to Kansas City to visit my grandparents--I am in Des Moines. Next stop Chicago and Iowa City.
Dear Iowa City, I missed you dearly and I cannot wait to eat some delicious vegan desserts, wander the aisles of the co-op, and see a bluegrass show at the Englert. :)
Other than that, I am busy appreciating the lush toilet paper here and the fact that I can put it in the toilet, hot showers, potable water, and my snobby indungence: soy lattes. And I am SO happy I made it back in time for the glorious fall--the smell of leaves, the crisp air, and the warm display of color all around...I am positively giddy whenever I step outside. My mom actually got mad at me for doing too many handstands/cartwheels in the parking lot of a mexican restaurant the other day :)
I must say though, I miss the cheek kisses, the availability of anything and everything on the streets whenever I want it, especially fresh squeezed juice and warm drinks, and the good walks.
Well, that's it for now kids...until my next grand adventure (which could be very soon since I am still jobless for the time being). Thanks for your lovin.
Hugs and kisses, Rachel

1 comment:

Brigid said...

I'm glad I learned of this blog. I've only read a little bit of your adventure thus far, but I am proud of you. It's so wonderful that you just up and went. I love that. Glad you're home safe though :)

Brigid