Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Santiago

I am in Santiago after a 6 hour bus ride from Areqpuipa to Tacna, half hour taxi from Tacna to Arica, and a 32 hour bus ride from Arica. It really wasn´t as bad as one might think--I paid the extra for the delux bus, which basically just meant that I could recline my chair more and have more leg room, and as a result I did manage to sleep much of the trip. I arrived at 6am on Sunday, totally whacked out though, and proceeded through the rest of the day like normal. I am still sort of catching up, but yesterday I rented a bike and biked all around downtown, which was lovely. I am happy to see all sorts of trees and plants again after being in the desert. Every morning we drink fresh orange juice and it´s basicaly a paradise here at Alonso´s house (former foreign exchange student of my parents). I can even drink the water from the tap! helllz yeah!
More later.
xoxo

No comments: