Friday, September 11, 2009

Paracas

I have officially left the land of crazy Spanish, yummy empanadas and pastel de choclo, healthy stray dogs, and high prices, and am back in the land of Pisco, scam-artists, street food, and crappy computers. I am currently enjoying Paracas/El Chaco/Pisco (Peru), which is a desert/ocean preserve on the edge of a small town outside of a larger town (in corresponding order). After a flight and a 16 hour bus ride, I have spent the last day and a half gawking at the pristine coastline and the sand dunes, drinking Pisco (since I`m in the home of the liquor after all), and letting lonely restaurant/hotel boys treat me and a girl I met from DC.

Heaps of colored sand in Paracas

Pelicans

Paracas Reserve

Tomorrow I am meeting a clowning amiga in Chincha (3hrs south of Lima) to explore the world of musica negra, Peru`s african music, and a large hacienda which remains from the Spanish colonial era.

No comments: