Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Notes from my zillions of beautiful hours in the car:
Austin, TX = yum
Dallas, TX = a cluster#$%@
106 degrees in Texas = hard to stay cool while driving. I actually sunburned through the window.
Green green and glorious Oklahoma. Who knew?
Boggy State Park = a lovely place to re-energize.
I ate an entire papaya and a cucumber along the way (and near the end, a lot of tootsie-roll pops).
I'm so glad I took the back highways and not 35

Kansas City:
Lots of babies, dogs, and watermelon.

To Boston on the 7th:
Flying with the family = hilarious. (see Herding Cats)
We'll be watching 2 Goldcup soccer games (The big soccer tourny for North America, the Carribbean, and Central America), as well as watching my dad play in a senior soccer tournament--so cool!! I can only hope to be as cool as my dad when I grow up :)

No comments: