Friday, May 1, 2009

Mi mente esta MELTING

Well, it's 8pm and it's still 90 degrees. I can literally feel my flesh burning, even without the sun. Today I took the clinic car to do a post-natal home visit 30 min away. I forgot that the car had no air conditioning and when I arrived I was drenched in sweat. Thankfully, Tex/Mex hospitality provided the gift of an icy cup of sweet tea upon entering the house. I drove around for an hour afterwards, looking for a coffee shop to sit and enjoy the air-conditioning.
Unfortunately with the heat expanding the space in between synapses in my brain, thoughts were few and far between and I never did find it. Luckily for me, there are plenty of stops along the road to find tasty "Raspas:" shave ice (with real or corn-syrupy juice) topped with pineapple, mango, banana, or would you believe pickles?? I went for the Tamarind, and it immediately brought me back to life...for about 30 min until the heat penetrated again.



I wanted to share also, a classic Tex-Mex interaction, spoken by the woman who preceded me in line and the Raspa vendor: "Dame four larges" "Que flavor?" "De este Strawberry y Tamarindo." "Seis bucks."
haha, I love it

No comments: