Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clowning in Peru take 2


This August I will be meeting up again with Patch Adams and Clowns in Iquitos, Peru to paint houses, bring cheer to impoverished Belen, and Clown at the hospitals, nursing homes, orphanages, and in the streets. We will be teaching classes, doing health screening, and working with street kids.

I can't wait!

The "tuition" for the program is about $1,000 (which will pay for paint for the houses, materials for projects, and some scholarships for kids to attend school. It does NOT include my flight to Peru). I am hoping to raise at least half of the tuition through small donations.

If you're interested in pledging a little something toward the cause, visit my Clowning Mission Fund. The way this site works is if the goal is not met, nobody pays.

See Gesundheit Iquitos for more information on the Belen Clowning Project. It's truly awe-inspiring.

Thanks for being part of my journey, either through a contribution or simply by being a reader and being there alongside me.

un abrazote, Rachel

No comments: