Wednesday, September 17, 2008

oh my leymebamba

Just a note to say
The people outside the cities are absolutely fabulous and cheerful and friendly and helpful...may I never return to another city here... (except to do some laundry and use some fast internet and maybe go salsa dancing...)
There´s nothing like ripping open an avocado with your bare hands and devouring it, scraping out the meat with your teeth.
This temperate rainforest and teeny town I´ve found myself in have completely enchanted me...yesterday, I went for a hike with 2 English lads I met, and we swam under a frigid waterfall.
oh me oh my, I am simply giddy here...it could be the yoga we´ve been doing overlooking the fabulously lush surroundings :) :) :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel!
Glad things are looking better there for you. I takes guts to do what you're doing and I only hope you're safe there. We're playing in a bridge tournament all weekend. Take care. I love you and I miss you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Rach!

Such fun adventures! Wow, so many things i take for granted in my highly cushioned life! I hope you find a nice shower there - but of course who cares if you have a great waterfall!

Send lots of pictures from your Machu Pichu like destination!

Tons and tons of love from Krissy & Dave!

Rachel said...

Kristen and Dave! I am thinking of you tons here--it´s a hiker´s wonderland! ESPECIALLY if you´re interested in ancient cultures, oh my...next vacation for you guys?? Come on, it´s WAY better than Hawaii :)