Monday, September 22, 2008

if it´s been awhile...read back a bit

Ooops, I meant to go to Chachapoyas tomorrow, but I got talked into doing another trek! So I leave tomorrow morning for a 3 day trek to La Laguna de Los Condores, and another lake, called Quindacocha, which is actually closed to tourists, but we somehow acquired a permit to go! And only because the head of the city granted us permission to go with a very specific guide, and only in a restricted area because the area is being preserved. I couldn´t pass it up....so who knows what´s next after that? I apparently can´t even plan hours ahead of time. And the people I have met have been fabulous...I am out of money and there are no ATMs here, so not one but 3 people have loaned me various possesions (rubber boots, sleeping bag, etc) and $$. I am so blessed.
Out of connection for now...back Friday...
xoxoxoxo

No comments: