Monday, May 14, 2012

Just a week to go until baby "Cricket" arrives...which basically means it could be at any moment... I'm getting anxious for him/her to come already, though I have moments of clarity when I realize oh yes...but then she'll be here forever, which will surely be wonderful, but let's enjoy this time now when I can be a little more frivolous...
And truly I get so much done each day (between periods of utter fogginess/sleepiness) that I am so thankful to have gotten done before she came...like acquire a bookshelf for all the kids books she already owns and go grocery shopping!

The other day I had to take Justin's truck in to get the door handle fixed (which until I realized I could roll down the window to free myself, meant crawling out the passenger side).  I felt like such a badass, driving around in his manual pickup with my belly riding up against the wheel.... Later I walked downtown to the co-op to pick up some groceries.  On the walk back my flip flops broke, so I kicked them aside and walked home: barefoot and 9 months pregnant with a carton of eggs under my arm... it felt like I was auditioning for different movies starring redneck pregnant women that day. 

Justin is busy busy busy with bees and farm work in addition to working 30hrs/wk at the Montessori school.  We are really looking forward to our babymoon, wherein he will take a week off and we can just be home. the three of us, enjoying nothing but each others' presence.


at the Coralville Res

No comments: