Friday, August 20, 2010

home

I'm back home in New Mexico after quite the journey. I left Iquitos for Lima on Sunday. On Tuesday night I went out with my lovely clown friends--went for sushi and ceviche (or both at the same time) and dancing, and then packed and went to the airport at 3am. Flight at 6am to Miami. Stuck on the runway in Miami due to Airforce 1 landing. Missed my connection in Dallas. Stayed a night there. Shared a hotel room with a lovely lady from Lincoln, NE. Arrived yesterday at noon (Thurs.) and then I worked the overnight shift starting at 7pm....it's 6:22 am now, and I'm teetering on the point of delirium.

I'm glad to be back to the comforts of home--I must admit that my last day in Peru, I enjoyed the comforts of a manicure, pedicure, and massage by a blind guy (just the massage part...the others sound scary blind) for a grand total of $20. Granted the massage was sort of like being slapped with massage oil and groped, but it was a chance to rest (or something). Now back in NM, I am very happy to eat some corn tortillas, take a warm shower, sleep in a comfy bed, happily throw toilet paper down the toilet, drink the tap water, and kiss my boyfriend :)

clown pictures borrowed from friends:

clown bus

belen

painting

No comments: