Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lima

I´m in Lima now, passing time beautifully in a hostel in Miraflores and attending a conference called Art as a Bridge to Health and Development. It´s put on by the Pan-American Health Organization, a branch of the WHO, so it´s a very cool thing to be a part of...and even cooler that it involves clowns!

I will be here until Friday and then I am taking an overnight bus to Arequipa with a couple girls I met in Iquitos. Tonight I am seeing Patch speak about love strategies. It´s funny having to pay to see him speak after spending 2 weeks with him, but I´m excited that the money from this lecture will go directly to the purchase of another community center in Belen. Yes! He is also raising money right now to send 4 people to go work at an orphanage in Russia with 400 kids, which is currently being run by 1 woman. Ahh!
More pics below of recent adventures:
Check out the body paint! A thank-you show from our hotel for our work in the community

A snake for the parade/show made out of recycled trash. Check out the long tail of painted plastic bottles and bags

Two of my dance students after the big show

Jitterbugging with Patch at Nikoro

No comments: