Monday, July 28, 2008

en lima

As if you weren´t afraid to travel with me enough as it was (for those who don´t know, I tend to envoke natural disasters on a bizarre scale...rouge waves, avalanches, etc), I found myself aboard 5 different flights over 36 hours in order to get to Lima...stopping not once, but twice, in Ecuador... I missed Rachel S, and ended up making a friend (worry not, a 50 year old woman) in Miami, who offered to take me in and house me in Lima until Rachel returned from Huancayo, so we can go to Iquitos together. So long story short, I´m in Peru finally, and in good hands, con mi nueva amiga, Wilma. And I lost my bags, so I´m currently wearing her niece´s clothing...

I wrote more, but it got deleted somehow....i can see this will be a challenge to keep up. Hopefully I will be able to write more later. Now though it´s my turn to shower (my first since I left on the 27th)...I share a bathroom with the 10 people who live here, so Ive got to get in when I can!

besos besos besos

1 comment:

Sara deBuhr said...

Glad to hear you made it there! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)